Thursday, July 24, 2008

Whoa nelly, Mikey's making goals!!!

With this summer washed away in glory as I get married (9 days) and move, and start a new job, I really haven't climbed much at all. I've barely even ran! So, the planning for next year begins. I'm a little hesitant to plan this far in advance, but I figure I can create a guide and then just keep "pullin' the trigger". First of all, I need to get back on El Cap. It is just one of those things and I didn't do right and want to do again. Suffer, get bruised, learn to live in a vertical world are just a few of the reasons to climb El Cap, mostly it's the movement and just BEING on the wall for so long. Second goal, much bouldering in Berkley and circuit work there as well to get strong for the summer. Goal trios- spend a few weeks in Tuolumne and climb A LOT. Mostly back country routes, but here's a rough list.... Cathedral, Matthes Crest, North Peak - Conness link up that I missed last year (red wine is a bitch). The grand finale for the summer season of '09 will be an attempt on the Sawtooth Traverse. At almost 2 horizontal miles of continuous 5th class climbing, it should be a kick in the pants fun as hell ride! Can you spell bivy??

Now, all of this is great and looks good on the web, but the bottom line is that none of it is done until it's done. Time to pull the trigger.

Don't be a tool.

Mike

2 comments:

Justin said...

It is all about commitment and compromises...wait what are we talking about.

Michael William Taylor said...

commitment... I get that= make the move and go, right? Or are we talking about kayaking and the very event that I am supposed to be packing for?!?! See you Saturday. bring your dancin' shoes.