Monday, July 14, 2008

New Pack

I love gear. I'm basically a gear head, though I don't like to admit it. I've got too much gear, but I rationalize it all sooo well, that none are the wiser (though, I suppose now everyone on the web is wiser). I've grown to like my Patagonia Gritty pack, but not love it. It's kinda wierd shaped, and doesn't have a floating top lid, making it look funny with a rope under the lid, and carry wierd. Perhaps the worst, however, is that I can't look up!! Helmet on and pack full, I just can't look up. So, the new ideas... CiloGear WorkSack 40. Really nice pack. Kind of the new and hip pack out there. The next contender is the Black Diamond Speed 40. This looks like a great pack, too. Simple, not much to break, rope strap, compact and light. Which will it be? Will this pack really make the Sawtooth Traverse easier/more doable (this is a goal I have for next summer or spring). Probably not. But perhaps this new pack will help me look better in the pictures, and also help me keep track of my headlamp...

Don't be a tool.

Mike

2 comments:

Peter "Nancy" Newman said...

I don't know I like the simplicity of the BD, but the I think the color red would really bring out your eyes!!

Michael William Taylor said...

I agree totally, the BD is the most simple. However, the Gritty is the most simple, being that I already own it! Who knows, I'm such a sucker I'll probably buy them all.